Friday, June 13, 2008

Gay Economics


My objection with gay marriage is this: I HAVE NONE!

Unlike the homophobic and the Religious Reich I had no problem with the passing of the gay marriage bill in Toronto, Canada. Toronto became one of the early cities to accept marriage to gay individuals. On a personal note, I have a gay aunt who married her girlfriend two years ago. The marriage and ceremony functioned similarly to a man and woman marriage. I remember thinking to myself that this extra boost in gay marriages is good for those in the industry. This was back in 2006!

CNN reports 'Hey! Gay marriage in California can help our horrid economy!' Ding-ding! We have a winner! And the last horse finally crossed the finish line! [source]

You can't stop people from being gay and you can't stop people from falling in love. Get over the idea that marriage is a one track railroad and add a few more rails. In fact, I encourage gay couples to marry under secular conditions and leave religion out of your lives. You really don't need the pressure of the religious and their bigotry. Although, it can be used as fuel for the fire, I think it is best to not to associate yourself with the religious.

No comments: